Last Updated on March 27, 2020 by Terry Ohara
Showering every day is one of the best things that you could incorporate into your daily routine, it has a countless list of benefits that you can reap and apart from that it is the perfect way to relax. Today I will list some of the biggest benefits you get from taking daily showers, hot or cold, I have compiled this list from personal experience and research, but if you want to know more about it just do a quick Google search and you can read tons of research papers about it. You can also read our shower head buying guides to get a great shower head to make your showers more enjoyable.
I will start about cold showers first, which I would recommend you to take in the morning as will the benefits suggest.
Benefits Of Cold Showers
1. If you suffer from excess weight, taking a cold shower daily will promote weight cutting, as the cold water makes your organism respond by raising your inner heat by burning good fat and calories.
2. One of my favorite reasons to take a cold shower every day is that it improves your immunity, this is especially recommended in the colder months, which may sound a little counter-intuitive. The cold water will speed up your metabolic speed rate and also the number of total white blood cells in your body, which are your defense against diseases.
3. It is proven that taking cold showers increases the testosterone levels in the body, as the body responds to the cold water by boosting the DNA, RNA, and protein synthesis process. On top of that, you could improve your fertility levels in both males and females.
4. Taking cold showers every day improves blood circulation that results in enhanced cardiovascular health that can improve the performance of athletes as well. Thanks to the improved blood circulation, you become more resistant to cold weather, and it will decrease the effects of the cold weather on your body.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of the hot showers now, which are recommended for the evening.
Benefits of hot showers
1. Hot showers are known for making you feel better, as your muscles will relax and expand, and it will, in turn, help you sleep better at night. Most people take hot showers before they sleep as it helps the body release dopamine hormones that will also reduce stress levels and can decrease the signs of depression thanks to the release of noradrenaline.
2. Athletes are known for taking hot and cold showers to improve performance and muscle growth, by releasing heat stress proteins that encourage muscle growth and increased performance in sports.
3. One of the biggest benefits of hot showers is that it improves skin health and quality by opening the pores and keeping them moisturized and hydrating the skin in general. Many men prefer shaving after taking a hot shower as it decreases the chances of razor burns, and it also encourages hair growth.
There you have it some benefits that should encourage you to take a daily shower, whether hot or cold. However, there are tons of other benefits you can find, ranging from psychological to physical and many more. Also, it will take you just a couple of minutes, so there is nothing to lose.